Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Layton Lancer Jacket

As some of you know, Jaron is the pitching coach for Layton High. Lately, we've had to restock on Layton High gear considering we had to downsize due to moving twice since we've been married. What's left of Jaron's old gear is rather faded or roughly worn. 

The other day, we were at SavOn Sporting Goods picking up baseball helmets and getting Jaron some coach's pants and found a navy blue pull-over jacket for $15! So we snatched that deal and I gave it a little makeover... 

I didn't do much but get on my design space on Cricut.com and typed "L". The only obstacle I came across was finding the right font. Since Layton's mascot is the Lancer, it had to be an Old English font...and the font on design space cost $5. Being as frugal as I am, I tend to do things the hard way and get around a cost. I wasn't paying $5 for one letter! So I went to my favorite free fonts site: 1001freefonts.com and downloaded the Old English font called "Cloister Black", imported it to my cricut design space  and created away! After my cricut cut out the L, I removed any unwanted material, trimmed the clear plastic around the L just in case the plastic removed color from the sweatshirt. The ironing took longer than expected. I had to use a paper towel as a barrier because a wash cloth was too thick. Since it was a very angular font I made sure all the corners were down tight and that was it! No color change either! Super easy, cheap and Jaron has another Layton jacket for a third of the price!

No comments:

Post a Comment