Sunday, March 1, 2015

Fried Pickles (my weakness...)

WARNING: NOT the healthiest recipe. ;) I LOVE FRIED PICKLES! I've tried recreating them many times but could never get them like restaurants served them. And then I lived down south...

They don't sell the same stuff at grocery stores here as the do down there. What you need: Slap Ya Mama Cajun seasoning (BEST STUFF EVER), Cajun Classics Frying Batter, 1 egg, milk, Ranch seasoning, sour cream, dill pickles, oil to fry in (I used peanut oil), and shish-kabob sticks!

Pickles: Pour enough peanut oil in a pot to be able to cover pickles and place on medium/high heat. Dry however many pickles you want with paper towels and set aside. Put egg and 1/3 cup milk in a bowl and beat until combined. Pour some of the cajun batter (its a powder) into a glass pan (I didn't use all the batter at once..I didn't want to waste what I didn't use). Once your oil is hot, start preparing your pickles: dip into egg wash, then roll in batter (do this twice). Poke the shish-kabob stick into the pickle and place into the oil (this allows for easy placement and removal). Fry until golden brown. 

Dipping sauce: Prepare ranch sauce according to the ranch lable with sour cream, then pour 1 TBSP of Slap Ya Mama into the ranch and mix. 

Be sure to wait until the pickles cool a littlle before you start to dipping and munching. We don't want any burns. CAUTION: these are HIGHLY addicting. Once you taste one, you can't get enough! 

No comments:

Post a Comment